Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Enh.

I'm pretty ambivalent about the presidential election. I feel bad about that; I feel like I really should have been able to get behind one or the other of our candidates and should have really supported them.

I couldn't.

All day yesterday, I prayed for a "Scrub Mission; Start Over" button to appear in my voting booth. It didn't happen. I had to press a button. I left knowing that I had done my civic duty, but disliking the options I had.

I'm anxious to see what the next four years will be like. I'm anxious because we are in a recession and I want to see what Barack Obama will do about it. I'm anxious because he won't be able to spend much (if any) money in pushing forth his agenda without digging the United States a deeper hole. I'm anxious because I think a lot of people might feel hoodwinked when his promises fall short.

But here's the deal: had McCain been elected? I would be posting this same blog. Verbatim. He wouldn't have been able to do anything more than Obama will.

This country has been dragged down by an ineffectual president, and he has ruined it for any other president to follow. It will take years (more than four or eight) for ANY president to bring about the change this country needs.

And since this isn't a political blog, that's all I'm going to say 'bout that. Comments are closed. This is not open for discussion on this blog.