Saturday, April 05, 2008

Things to Remember

At the (rained-out) church fair last night, Anthony said his tummy was "GROWLING". This usually means one of two things:
a. I just saw something I really want, and so I'm going to say I'm hungry.
b. I'm hungry.

Since we had eaten dinner and he had had gummies only an hour before, I was betting we weren't talking about Option B.

This is the conversation that ensued:

Anthony: My tummy is GROWLING

Me (acting appropriately shocked): Oh, no! What could we possibly do to make this better?

Anthony: Maybe I should have something to eat.

Me: And what would you like?

Anthony: What do they have here?

Me: Broccoli, spinach, salad.

Anthony: No, no, no.

Me: Boiled crawfish? Potatoes and corn?

Anthony: No. No.

Me: I wonder if there is anything else to eat here.

Anthony: I think they have cookies and cupcakes, Mommy.

Me: They do? REALLY? I think we should go find out.

And he got a rice crispie treat with MnMs in it. He sure fooled me! :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was laying in bed with Anthony last night and he was just about asleep. He opened his eyes and said, "Mommy, I love my life," gave a big sigh and closed his eyes again. Then, "That's all. You can tell Daddy to come lay with me now."

No comments: