Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Certifiable

Back in December, right after graduation, I took an exam that would officially label me as a "Medical Technologist". I did not pass the exam, and I was so upset with myself. I had a job, and I knew that I had to pass that exam to be able to work at that job for an extended period.

Luckily for me, the hospital at which I am employed allows their new hires a six-month grace period in which to pass their exam. So I got some new study books, recommended by some techs, and began to study again. I gave myself three months to prepare, and studied an average of one hour per day.

I took the exam again this morning, and when I hit the "submit" button, I was shaking and feeling nauseated. I totally did not expect to see "Your score for this examination is PASS." It's not an easy exam, and I was still sure I wasn't going to pass.

So now, I am truly a certified Medical Technologist. But...I feel more certifiable than certified.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Anthony update and pictures coming soon!

2 comments:

Lacey said...

Congrats honey! I'm so happy for you.

Anonymous said...

Do you now put MT behind your name? You deserve everything you have achieved Laurie - it takes hard work, drive and ambition and you made it. You have reaped the rewards of your labor. Congratulations sweetie