Friday, April 18, 2008

I Live for Days Like Today

I kept Anthony home from school today because I am working the evening shift at work today. It's nice to have that time with him, especially since the days are numbered for it to just be the two of us. He was in Georgia last weekend with Mark's parents visiting Mark's brother, Matt. So I really haven't seen too much of my baby lately!

So this morning was all about snuggling. We laid on the couch and watched TV, then we read books. We did some coloring, too. Every few minutes, Anthony would reach out his hand and touch my arm, like he was checking to make sure I was still there.

After lunch with my dad, Mark and Mimi, I took Anthony home for his nap. I put him in his bed (he was half asleep when we got home!), and told him that I would come back to kiss him and tuck him in once I had changed for work. When I got back, I thought he was asleep. But just as I leaned over to kiss him, his eyes opened and he said, "Will you sing your songs to me now at naptime since you won't be here to sing them tonight?" Uh, duh. So I laid down with him and sang the songs - and he was out before I even finished. But I sang them all anyway, and just watched him sleep.

I don't know what I did to deserve this wonderful child, but I'm grateful for every day that I get with him!

I love you, Anthony!

2 comments:

Lacey said...

Aww...what a sweet mommy you are. =) And, I think it's about time for some new baby bump pics, huh?? Love ya

Anonymous said...

How special. Keep these beautiful entries that you write close at hand for you may want to re-read them sometime in the future when he becomes a teenager :)
Love your tales sweetie - Anthony has been blessed with you too.