Friday, August 11, 2006

All My Bags Are Packed....

I'm off to Tampa this morning for a 48-hour stay. As mentioned before, I'll be meeting Stacy and Lisa for the first time. It's exciting to know that I'm going to finally meet two of the women who have become my support group. They "get it"...they've lived the fear of transplant life.

It's weird, though. I can't tell if I'm more excited or more nervous! What if they don't like me? What if the think I'm a total crap-head? What if they're psycho? (Don't worry...we've voiced these opinions to each other already, and we've actually decided that we're ALL a little psycho.) What if I totally fall in love with these two awesome women, and they decide that I'm just not worth it? Ugh. I know we're going to have a great time. These two women stood by me last year when I thought my whole world was going to come crashing down on me. They stood by me, stood up for me, and helped me through a rough time. When I didn't even like myself, these two women liked me. I know that this weekend is going to be full of fun. And, of course, I'll have pictures to share!

I'm going to miss my little boy so much. When he saw my suitcase this morning he said, "Mommy and Anthony ride on big plane?" I tried to explain to him that I was going to be gone this weekend but that I would come back, he said, "NO! DADDY go away. Mommy and Anthony stay HOME!" Mark's going to have a fun weekend with Anthony!

See y'all Sunday!

1 comment:

Renee said...

Have a great time, Laurie!