Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Surgery

Anthony's surgery went well this morning. He started to run a low grade fever last night, so I called the surgeon. They said his fever wouldn't interfere with the surgery, and that the fever was most likely due to the infection (yes, it had returned). I had barely sat down in the waiting room with my dad, Mark and Mark's mom when the surgeon came out. He had removed about 2" of stitches and the infection and Anthony was in recovery. Anthony came out of the anesthesia easily and drank a couple of cups of juice. We were in, out and on our way quickly!

Anthony will spend the morning with Nana and I'll go take my last final of the semester at noon. After that we'll be at home watching Dora the Explorer and doing whatever the heck my baby wants to do. Spoiled? Yes, yes he is.

Love, Laurie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the surgery went so smoothly. I bet you are glad too. Enjoy this break from school and PLAY!!!!

Renee said...

Great news, Laurie.
Have a great afternoon with your boy!

Anonymous said...

Hooray!! So glad the surgery went well. Hopefully it won't happen again. Good luck on your finals...and enjoy Dora!!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad the surgery went well and is OVER!! We will keep him in our prayers and good luck to you with your finals!!