Monday, December 05, 2005

Santa!

Well, Santa did show up in our neighborhood yesterday. Of course, he came in about 20 minutes after I put Anthony down for his nap! I did wake him up, though, since it was about 20 minutes after they entered the neighborhood that they made it down our street. Anthony was BUG EYED watching the fire truck and Santa come down the street. He really got a kick out of it (so did Mommy since she had never seen it before)! He did go back down for about 15 minutes of sleep/resting in his bed, and then relaxed another 15 minutes in bed with me. So he got some rest.

He also played outside for a good while yesterday morning while we were waiting for the two sets of grandparents to show up. Mark got some good shots, so I'm posting pics of that, too.

Our friend Neel is in town for a couple of weeks! He's doing his residency in Orlando, FL, but his parents live on the West Bank of New Orleans (which was not hit as hard by Katrina). Anyway, Neel was in Baton Rouge yesterday and came for a visit. Anthony was very impressed with Neel, and found a fun game to play with him (something about throwing his cow behind his bed and getting Neel to fetch it). Mimi and Mike came over in the evening, and topped off Anthony's day with some more play time.

We put Anthony to bed shortly after everyone left...so he got to bed at his normal 8:00pm. I figured he'd sleep until about 6:30 this morning since he hadn't gotten a good nap yesterday. Well, at 6:45, I went in to check on him (read: make sure he was still breathing; yes, I'm that neurotic). He was fine, so I closed his door and let him sleep. At about 8:00, I opened his door, turned off the air purifier and turned on the TV in the den...hoping that the noise might wake him a bit. At 8:30, I had to wake him up because he would miss breakfast at day care if he didn't get there for about 9:00, and I knew that would throw his whole day off. He woke up happy, we got him dressed, and he's at school now. He didn't cry too hard when I dropped him off, and when I peeked through the door before I left, he was playing with a little girl in his class.

Anyway, enjoy the pictures from yesterday!

Love, Laurie, Mark and Anthony

Coming up in Anthony-land:
Monday: dinner with Maw Maw and Paw Paw, and tree decorating! (rest assured there will be pictures of this adventure, too!)
Tuesday and beyond: stay tuned!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Strolling with my Nana:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

My crazy old Mama woke me up from my nap for Santa?
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Still trying to wake up:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here comes Santa!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

An amazed little boy:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

3 comments:

Renee said...

How fun . . Santa! I love the picture with the tired eyes.

Anonymous said...

What is up with the shorts!!?!?! It's Santa - don't y'all know there should be snow on the ground???

Greetings from Kansas where it's 8 F right now...

Stacy

angie said...

I have to 2nd what Stacy said...."Where is the snow???" It is -18 degrees F here in "wonderful Wyoming" today. I do love where I live, but I could stand just a couple of warm days right now too. Anthony looks so cute...as always! Emma is just in AWE of Santa this year.