Monday, August 08, 2005

School and Work

Well, I put in my two week notice at work this morning. As of August 22nd, I will be a full time student! Mark and I agree that I need to concentrate on school more than work. Going to school full time (this semester it will be 19 hours) will allow me to cut a year off of my schooling.

Anthony had a great time at the beach yesterday. I stayed up in the condo for a quick morning nap while everyone else went down to the beach. Margaret came to wake me up to tell me that Anthony was sitting at the water's edge and letting the waves tickle his feet. On Saturday, he wanted NOTHING to do with the wet sand, and really didn't want to be near the water at all.

We walked up and down the beach a bit, and Anthony liked the feeling of the sinking sand beneath his feet. He saw his Uncle Marshall and Grandpa in the ocean, though, and decided he wanted to be out there with them. He started to run into the water, and before Nana or I could catch him, a wave knocked him over and he fell under the water. This all happened in the space of maybe 3 seconds, and I had him scooped up in my arms before he even realized what had happened. But my heart almost stopped!

Anthony is on his way back now with the rest of the family. He ate a huge breakfast, and is sitting in his car seat enjoying his Baby Einstein DVDs.

Thanks for checking in on us!

Love, Laurie, Mark and Anthony

Coming up in Anthony-land:
Tuesday: a return to Day Care
Wednesday and beyond: stay tuned!

No comments: