Thursday, May 12, 2005

STREP Right Up!

I went to my doctor this morning because I've been having a scratchy throat. Wait, let me rephrase that. I've been having the scratchiest throat I have ever had...so bad that it hurts to swallow anything that is not cold liquid. I'm a wuss when it comes to pain, but I can handle a sore throat!

As if you haven't guess from the title of this post, I have strep throat . It's nasty, I tell you! I've never had this before (lucky me!), and it hurts!

Since I'll be started on a huge dose of Augmentin , I'm hoping that not only will my symptoms go away quickly, but that my contagious-ness (is that a word, Mom?) will go away quickly, too. Anthony is already on Amoxicillin (which is what Augmentin is) for the stitches he received in his lip last week, so I'm hoping he won't get this. I've called his doctor to ask about refilling the script for Anthony.

I guess this lays to rest any wild and crazy plans for the weekend. I'll probably send Anthony and Mark off with Mark's parents to visit Mark's grandmother. That will allow me a Saturday of peace and quiet (meaning housecleaning time).

Mark finished his final final exam on Tuesday evening! His graduation ceremony is May 20th. I'm so glad he's finished with school, and I know he's glad he now has his MBA!

Thanks for checking in!


Love, Laurie, Mark and Anthony

Coming up in Anthony-land:
Friday: Daddy has the afternoon off!
Saturday: A trip to Thiobodaux?
Sunday: A wedding party in the afternoon, and an evening with Maw Maw and Paw Paw while Mommy, Daddy, the uncles and Nana and Grandpa go to dinner!

No comments: