Monday, May 16, 2005

It Gives a Whole New Meaning to Poopy Head

A catch up on what's been going on in our hectic little world:
Anthony has an ear infection in EACH ear, and has been put on Augmentin (the same drug I'm on for the strep throat). You'll notice the first thing in the side effects list of Augmentin is diarrhea. Well, thankfully that boat has, um, passed me by. Ahem. Unfortunately, that boat landed, docked and is staying at port in Anthony.

Sunday morning Mark went in to Anthony's room after listening to him babble for a few minutes. The next thing I know, he's coming to me telling me he's going to need help with Anthony's diaper change. "Now really, things can't be THAT bad", thought I. And, guys, I'm here to tell you that I will never be the same again. He painted with it. Painted. With his poop. Like finger paint.

So we got that cleaned up and moved on. Later, I found him sitting in a puddle of it on my kitchen floor (thank God it was not on the carpet!). Cleaned all of that up, and moved on.

This morning, I went in to wake him up, and the smell that assaulted my nostrils just about killed me. I knew before turning on the lights that there was a BIG chore awaiting me. What I totally didn't expect was to see him laying on his back with his head DEAD CENTER in the puddle of poop. I don't think he was even awake when I dragged him into the bathroom for a wash. But he was incredibly happy to splash around in the tub for a few minutes.

After everything was cleaned up (don't ask me how, but I managed to walk away without a speck of poop on me), we got dressed and headed for Day Care. I gave the teacher fair warning, but I'm hoping she won't kill me when I pick Anthony up this afternoon.

On to better and brighter things. I am feeling much better, especially after a weekend of (mostly) rest. Still coughing and stopped up, but the man with the knife in my throat moved out. I hardly got anything accomplished this weekend, but that's OK...I'll clean sometime this week (yeah, right).

Mark graduates Friday afternoon, and then we will go to dinner and a graduation party. Party? As in dressed up? As in heels? Makeup? Socializing? Crap. Mommy needs something to wear! Well, lucky for Mommy, Ann Taylor Loft just opened here. One absolutely fabulous dress later (plus some great jewelry) and I'm ready! Anthony will spend the night with Nana and Grandpa, and Mommy and Daddy will try to stay awake past ten o'clock!

We have a new digital camera in the house! Mark requested a Panasonic Lumix for his graduation. It's an incredible camera (yes, Mark, worth every penny), and has unbelievable zoom. I'll post some of the photos when I get a chance.

My younger sister has an internship with Cox Television in Atlanta this summer! My parents and Emilie will leave Thursday morning for Atlanta, and Emilie will stay with our older sister, Kristen, until her internship ends (in August?). I hope they have a safe trip, and a good visit with my dad's brother and wife (who also live in Atlanta).

Well, that's all! Pray that the poopy monster leaves us soon!

Love, Laurie, Mark and Anthony

Coming up in Anthony-land:
Could the third week of Day Care be Anthony's first full week? Stay tuned!
Wednesday: Dinner at Maw Maw and Paw Paw's house!
Friday: Daddy's graduation!

2 comments:

Moreena said...

Oh, hee hee. You can't make it to potty training without a few of these traumatic poopy moments!

Congratulations to Mark! Now I have to go clean the drool off my keyboard after checking out that camera. Too cool.

Sarah said...

Laurie,
I absolutely love your blog. i can only wish that I had the writing capabilities you have. With htree little ones it's hard to find the time yo site down at the computer let alone think of something creative to write. I currently updated Anna's blog, and it's also new and improved. It took me a while to figure out how to make it look the way I wanted it to, but now it's just about there!