Friday, January 14, 2011

Time Flies...

Seven years ago we met with a GI from Children's Hospital in New Orleans. His eyes got big when he saw Anthony for the first time. I think that's the first moment I realized just how truly sick Anthony was. A few days later, we were in Omaha - snowy, cold, terrible Omaha. Of course, today I think Omaha is wonderful. I think Omaha is one of the BEST places on earth! But on the day we landed in Omaha (evening really, I think it was 7:00pm), I hated it. I couldn't believe that I was in this cold, snowy place.

Seven years ago we started on the journey towards getting Anthony healthy. And today...good Lord, is he healthy! He's so active that it's hard to keep up with him. He loves school, takes guitar lessons, picks on his brother (and loves him to death), plays his DSi, swims like a fish, and a million other things.

Ash Wednesday is March 9th. That will be Anthony's seven-year transplant anniversary. I think we'll be celebrating all the previous weekend, for sure!

No comments: