Friday, September 08, 2006

Fracture

Anthony has a non-displaced fracture of the clavicle . Non-displaced means the bones stayed in alignment with each other when they fractured.

This type of fracture requires no major treatment. I was given an ace bandage to wrap around Anthony's chest and left arm to keep the arm immobile. The pediatrician said that if he won't keep it on during the day to at least use it at naptime and bedtime. I have a feeling Anthony's not going to like the ace bandage.

We will give Tylenol for pain and re-xray the shoulder in two weeks.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Poor Anthony!

I had this same thing happen when I was about 5 years old. I remember it being painful, but that was about it. I thought I also had a sling for a few days, too.

Hope he's feeling better soon - glad it's not meningitis!