Saturday, November 12, 2005

Anthony's Early Birthday Present

It's eight days from my baby's 2nd birthday. As those of you who know me well will attest, I'm no good with surprises. I hate them (when they're directed at me), and when I'm involved, I'm practically bursting on the inside. And when I can "spoil" the surprise without really spoiling it, well, I'm gonna.

Case in point: Anthony has no clue that his birthday is in eight days. I've been working on his present for weeks now. First I had to get it (Nana took care of that one for me by picking it up in Houston). Then I had to decide what color(s) to paint it (four primary colors). Then I actually had to get around to painting it (Yesterday and today). Then I had to not put it together until Anthony's birthday. Um. And that's where I failed. The wood is all dried, the pieces were SCREAMING to be put together...so I did. And he loves it. I know I'm not going to be able to do this again, though, because next year...NEXT YEAR! my son is going to be THREE (practically ready to run for President!) and will be AWARE of things like BIRTHDAYS! and SANTA! CLAUS!!!! (God, I love Christmas! Don't get me started)...

So here we go. Pictures of Anthony's early birthday present. I love it, he loves it, kitty sniffed it, and Mark took pictures.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We've had a good weekend so far! Uncle Matt came in town this weekend, and we got to see him some. Uncle Marshall had dinner here Friday night. Anthony, Uncle Matt, Mark and I had lunch with Paw Paw (my dad) on Friday. Lots of family! We love it!

I'll update again soon! Birthday parties this coming weekend! Ms. Mia turns one this Friday, Anthony is two on Sunday, and Lily is one on the following Thursday (Thanksgiving Day)! Anthony's party is at our house on Sunday, and it starts at noon! Hope you're coming!

Love, Laurie

Coming up in Anthony-land:
Monday: Anthony starts in the two-year old classroom at day care
Thursday: Nana and Grandpa come home from vacation!

2 comments:

Renee said...

It's precious, Laurie! I bet he loves it. He's precious too.Hope he has a great 2nd birthday!

Sarah said...

Nice. Good job on the colors!