Thursday, October 06, 2005

Stuff

I'm going to take Anthony for his repeat blood work tomorrow instead of on Monday. Anthony has his first dental appointment on Monday at 8:00 am, and the clinic's lab doesn't open until 7:30. Under normal circumstances we could make it, but traffic is still congested here so I'm not going to push it.

I'm a little nervous about the dentist appointment. I'm not allowed back in the room with Anthony, and I'm not sure I'm comfortable with that. Maybe they'll let me stand outside the room and just listen. He is not going to be happy at all when I leave the room, and I don't think they understand that he would probably be better with me there. The reason I was told I wouldn't be allowed in the room is because children usually react worse when a parent is present, but I've found the opposite to be true with Anthony. They won't be doing any cleaning, just looking to make sure he doesn't have cavities; I also want them to see if there is permanent graying to his teeth due to all of the medicines he has been on. I know they're baby teeth, but I'm still concerned.

So far, I have an "A" average in every one of my classes except Biology. I get my Biology grade back on Monday, and that will be the only grade I have in that class so far, so whatever my test grade is will be my class average, too. I'm a little bummed that he only gives grades on tests, but he did say that if you were borderline for a higher grade at the end of the semester he would factor in attendance.

I'll post again tomorrow if something comes up with Anthony's blood work. His cold sounds worse, but you can tell he's feeling better, so I'm hoping he's on the tail end of that bug. Hopefully his labs tomorrow will reflect his getting better.

Thanks for checking in on us!

Love, Laurie, Mark and Anthony

Coming up in Anthony-land:
Friday: labs and Mommy gets her hair cut
Saturday: St. George fair with Nana and Grandpa, then a bar-b-q with Daddy, Paw Paw, Grandpa and Uncle Steve while the "women folk" go to see a play
Sunday: a visit to Paw Paw's family in Lafayette
Monday: dentist

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Good luck at the dentist. They let me come in with Anna and she was a perfect angel. Mary never liked the Dentist, it's hard to get her to just sit in the chair and open her mouth! I thought Anna had a lot of cavities, but it was just discoloration of her teeth from meds and lack of vitamins before her transplant. They told me that her permanant teeth should be ok.

Anonymous said...

Hm. My mom radar is beeping over them not letting you in. If they're just going to look in his mouth, I don't see why he can't sit on your lap in the chair. He's pretty young to understand that you are going to be nearby. Our pedi dentist has a total open door policy, but my kids are way older (4, 6, and 9) so I do stay out. Go with your instinct and don't let them try and make you do anything you aren't comfortable with. There are lots of dentists in the world!