Wednesday, August 24, 2005

School Daze...uh DAYS

I've survived two and a half days of school so far! Going to class and then studying is something I haven't done in a while, and I know it'll take some getting used to. The worst part of it all is how COLD the classrooms are! I've almost frozen a few times! I finally learned my lesson today and brought a jacket to class. Jeans, socks, tennis shoes and a jacket...in August. Geez.

I'm thinking that Chemistry won't be as bad as I've been imagining. I remembered a lot more from high school (took Chemistry 10 years ago!), and I understood what the professor was saying. I was sure that Chemistry was going to be like a foreign language from day one. It will still be tougher than, say, Computer Science, though!

Life's pretty calm here. I'm working out in the mornings before class now instead of in the evenings. It's a different atmosphere at Curves in the morning! Quieter, and more relaxed. I get my rounds done without having to wait around for a pad to open up. It's nice.

Anthony is doing great. There's nothing going on that's overly interesting right now. Aunt Emilie's (Mimi's) birthday is this weekend, and we'll celebrate that. I'll post a picture of the birthday girl with her nephew sometime this weekend.

Hope you're having a great week! Thanks for checking in on us!

Love, Laurie, Mark and Anthony

Coming up in Anthony-land:
Saturday: Mimi's birthday!
Sunday and beyond: stay tuned!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Relax and enjoy your classes, you'll do fine. School is a small feat compared to what you've gone thru. btw does this mean you get new school clothes? E

Anonymous said...

Busy is best! Take Care and will check with you next week.

Renee said...

Hi Laurie -
Your site definitely caught my eye because I live in Louisiana, have the same blogger template as you, and have posted a picture of my baby wearing practically the same shirt as yours (the Fightin' Tiger one) recently. Hope everything is going well with you.