Sunday, May 22, 2005

I Love Getting Mail!

First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO UNCLE MARSHALL!!!

For those of you who know me, I love getting mail...not bills and mail stuffers...but REAL mail. Birthday cards, just 'cuz notes...I love it. My family inundated me with mail while we were in Omaha, and that helped to make living in the hospital just that much more bearable. So when I got home yesterday and there was a box on my front step, I was so excited. Knowing that neither Mark nor I ordered anything made it a fun surprise! And seeing that it was from Tanner's mom, Stacy, made me a little apprehensive. She's known for sending funny and wild things, and after ragging on her for how late she was with sending me the birthday card she PROMISED was in the mail, well...let's just say I was a little fearful, OK? When I opened the box, though, I found the most wonderful things inside. A card for my birthday, of course, which was incredibly hilarious. A stuffed monkey (what can I say, we're monkey lovers in this house!), a green "Donate Life" wristband, an Italian bracelet charm that has a green ribbon on it, and the most wonderful thing of all: a beautiful step stool painted by Stacy's mother. Pictures below do not do it justice. She painted "I Love LSU" on one side, there's a monkey on the other, stars and starbursts all over the underside, and on the top: snakes, snails and puppy dog tails (because that's what little boys are made of), and the green "Donate Life" ribbon!

So, thank you, Grandma "Crazy Woman" for the beautiful step stool...we are most definitely going to treasure it forever! And thank you, Stacy, for making me laugh on a bad day! I love you guys!!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Have a wonderful Sunday!! Anthony is running a low grade fever, and may stay home from Day Care tomorrow. Other than that, life is wonderful! I get to go see Star Wars this afternoon!!!

Love, Laurie, Mark and Anthony

Coming up in Anthony-land:
Monday: Maw Maw and Paw Paw come home from Atlanta!!!
Friday: Paw Paw's birthday, and a trip to Dr. Patterson to check out Anthony's ears.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I LOVE that stool! Looks like Anthony does too! My husband suggested to go see Star Wars tonight with all the kids. Easy for him to say, everytime we go to the movies with Anna she makes at least ten trips to the bathroom so of course it's me that takes her because, "She can't come in the mens room with me!" And to take a new born baby to the movies isn't fair for anyone. We hope to be able to get my in-laws to watch them soon, I HAVE to see that movie! Have a good time!

Colleen said...

I think every kid likes to try out the public bathroom when they go out. LOL
How was the movie Star Wars?
I am sad to say I have never seen a Star Wars movie. Is that pathetic or what. I just never got into them.