Friday, May 27, 2005

Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY DAD!!!! Today he is 60 years old! And he doesn't look it, either! REALLY! I can't wait until Sunday when we'll, fun, family...yay!!

I took Anthony to the doctor on Monday because he's still got some diarrhea. I know it's not from the antibiotics, and I was a little concerned. Seems like he had a little stomach bug (uh, HAS).

When I went in to get him yesterday morning, he was covered in poop again. And again this time I gagged. Does God think it's funny to watch me go through this? Make it stop, please! It took another bath to get him all clean again. He was so upset by it all, too. He kept looking at me and whimpering. When I got him back to "fresh clean baby!" (that's what we chant after bath time while he parades around naked with the towel on his head), I noticed that his right eye was puffy and red. Not the eyeball, but the eyelid. I didn't think much of it until it didn't go away.

Another trip to the pediatrician today helped us understand that at least it's not an infection in his eye. Dr. Patterson feels like it might have gotten irritated or that something might have gotten under his eye and he had a reaction to it. All Mark and I can come up with is the poop. Did a little poop get under his eyelid, or did SLEEPING IN CRAP do it? Probably. I gave him a dose of Benadryl under the doctors suggestion. Praying that it will go away!

The other thing the pediatrician noted is that Anthony's right ear is brewing another ear infection. He said it's not infected YET, but that it's definitely cloudy and going in that direction. Anthony's on antibiotics (Omnicef this time; 125mg/5ml). We'll go back to Dr. Patterson in two weeks (after a 10 day pulse of the antibiotics) to see how the ears are doing.

SO! Anthony has spent next to no time this week at Day Care. He was there for two hours yesterday morning, and if I had been in my right mind, I never would have taken him in at all! I don't know what I was thinking, but I'm glad they called me to pick him up. Nana got him, he spent an hour here, and then back to Nana's for a good nap. Maw Maw kept Anthony this morning, and I met them at the doctor's office. Rumors abound that he took a nice wagon ride after he returned from the doctor.

He's napping now, and I'm sure Mark is doing something equally restful. Hopefully this will be a quiet (albeit busy) weekend!

I'm certainly ready for these little illnesses to leave my house, though! I've avoided getting sick so far, and I'm continuing to hope I will. Mark was home from work Monday and Tuesday with a little throwing up bug. I told him, "Don't breathe on me, don't touch me, and while you're at it...don't LOOK at me!"

Thanks for checking in on us!

Love, Laurie, Mark and Anthony

Coming up in Anthony-land:
Saturday: a trip to see Mark's grandmother in Thibodaux
Sunday: Paw Paw's birthday party!!
Monday: Mark and Grandpa will fix the casings on our window frames outside (ROT!)
Tuesday and beyond: back to Day Care? Stay tuned to find out!

No comments: