Saturday, October 30, 2010

Gingerbread Pancakes

Mark and I found this recipe a long time ago - and we finally tried it out this morning. These pancakes are seriously one of the best things I have eaten in a long time. So. Good.

Naturally, I made some adjustments to the recipe. I'll post my version here, and link to the original at the end.

Gingerbread Pancakes
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
1/2 tablespoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon*
1 teaspoon ground ginger*
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup brewed coffee, room temperature or cold
1/8 cup milk
1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
2 large eggs

*I did not measure these out; I tasted the batter and added more as needed. This is how much I think was in there at the end!



Whisk together all dry ingredients in one bowl. In another bowl, mix together all wet ingredients, making sure that the coffee and butter have cooled or they will cook the eggs.

Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until combined and smooth.

Cook on a non-stick griddle or on a griddle brushed lightly with cooking oil.



Pay no attention to the half-eaten pancake on top. A cook's gotta taste her work before feeding it to the masses!


Serve HOT with pure maple syrup to eager children and husband (husband not pictured).






(Recipe adapted from A Cozy Kitchen.)

No comments: