Thursday, June 10, 2010

Quick Laurie Update

So I mentioned grad school in my last post, and I realized that I never posted here about that!

I have been a Med Tech for two and a half years, working at a local hospital. I enjoy my job, but I also have known for a while that I want more. So after researching different schools, I applied to a local college for consideration into their Physician's Assistant program. I wasn't accepted, and decided to give Med Tech another year before trying again. In the meantime, the program I had applied to had been closed.

I researched more programs, in different concentrations, and hit upon a graduate degree in Public Health, with a concentration in Epidemiology at the LSU Health Sciences Center in New Orleans. I applied and was accepted!

School officially starts in mid-August, at which time I will no longer have a life for the span of two years. I will drive to and from New Orleans each day (yikes!) and take 17 hours this first semester!

Because I'm going to be in New Orleans the majority of each day, I will not be able to continue working as a Med Tech. I've enjoyed working at my job these past couple of years, but I'm SO excited about what's coming up next!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disney Days 3-5 coming up this evening!

1 comment:

Cheri said...

Thank you for the update---sounds very interesting I think you should become a MD and I will come do your clinical research for you and we can find cures together!