Saturday, November 14, 2009

Boooooring

So this blog has got to be the most boring place on earth to visit. Especially these little (slightly whiny) "Thankful" posts. Yaaawn!

I'm just not going to continue with the "Thankful" challenge. No one from that blog even comes here, I'm sure. I've probably got, oh, three people who read this blog (Hi, Mom! Hi, Margaret! Hi, Grammy!), and they're probably even bored with me.

Instead, I'm going to publicly berate myself. That oughta be fun, right?

OK. So here's the deal. I am the worst "Thank You" note writer. I have all these good intentions, but when it comes down to writing the actual "Thank You", I freeze. What am I supposed to say? If someone sends me a gift, I want to let them know I appreciate their thoughtfulness (AND the gift), but I hate just writing, "It was so thoughtful of you to send me *insert gift here*. I really appreciate it!" BLECH. Can anyone say GENERIC?

I am just not an eloquent person. I want to be! I really do.

So now I am faced with the task of thanking the many people who made Anthony's Wish Trip to Washington, DC so amazing. No, I have not written my "Thank You's" yet! I know! Embarrassing!! I have so much I want to say, so many people I want to say it to, but I just am having a hard time writing it down without it sounding disgustingly generic. And I CANNOT be generic with these "Thank You's"! I even have gifts - at my house, waiting to be sent out - to go with these "Thank You's".

The excuse I'm allowing myself to use is that we have just been pedal-to-the-metal busy since coming home from DC. Every weekend has been slammed with things to do, and this weekend is no different. Except that I'm sitting here blogging at 5:00am on Saturday instead of sitting at the kitchen table writing the "Thank You's".

I'm going to get to it, no doubt. Everyone will get their "Thank You's" and gifts. I just hope it'll be sometime before I fossilize.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

First of all - you forgot me as a reader!

For Tanner's MAW trip, I made up a really cool scrapbook page that showed Tanner's pure JOY on the trip and then gave that to the ladies at MAW. We didn't have the "behind the scenes" tours that you did - so there wasn't as many thank yous to write. The scrapbook page was well-received, and they hang things like that on their walls, so hopefully other kids will get to see it, too.

cheri said...

I love your Blog, actually I pull it every other day. Its great since I don't get to see you guys as much anymore