Monday, October 20, 2008

Hangin' Tough

On Saturday Emilie, her friend Lacy, my friend Danette, and I went to New Orleans to see New Kids on the Block in concert. All four of us LOVED them when they were a young boy band, and so we were really excited to see them in concert as adults.

The concert was AWESOME. AWE. SOME. They totally rocked the arena, and it was fun to relive a little bit of my childhood.

Before going to the concert, we shopped in the French Market and had dinner in a sidewalk cafe.

Danette and Laurie at dinner



Emilie, Lacy, Danette and Laurie - ready for the concert!



Joey, Jordan, Donnie, Jonathan, and Danny singing "Dirty Dancing" on Stage B:



Singing "Please Don't Go Girl" (one of their old songs)





They sang quite a few songs from their new album The Block, and many from their old albums, too.

If I could, I would find a way to attend this concert again.

Who was YOUR favorite New Kid? Mine was JOEY!!

3 comments:

Kela said...

Hey - I went to the concert too...back in 1989. My friend and I camped out in front of the Centroplex for tickets. My fave alternated quite a bit, but never Danny.

Just Me said...

I can't believe you went to see the New Kids on the Block (aka NKOTB)! That is so crazy, but SO fun! What a great time!

Renee said...

Oh my gosh, I'm so jealous! I loved them way back when. I saw them in concert in '89 when I was at LSU! I loved Jordan.