Tuesday, May 29, 2007

W.O.W.

Tonight, putting Anthony to bed was fun. No, really. It was. Loads. Of fun.

It started with the book. You know, the one that Anthony wants to read every night, and that he gets to read every night...but tonight he wanted to read it on the floor, not in bed. And really, it's not that big of a deal; except that it is. Reading a book to Anthony on the floor is reading a book to thin air. Because Anthony won't sit still for his night time book when reading it on the floor. So Mark told Anthony to get in bed (three times, nicely, I might add) and Anthony refused.

No book for Anthony tonight! And the tantrum that ensued made me hope that THREE is almost over (surely FOUR has to be better than THREE, right? Hello? Anyone?).

So I got in bed with Anthony and tried to keep him there to let him understand that there would be no book, but there would be MOMMY! Singing! (That's a good thing, folks, trust me) And to calm him down, I started to tell him a story, using my "whisper voice". And amazingly, he calmed down.

And then. THEN THEN THEN THEN THEN: the whisper story ended, and the tantrum returned. So much so that Mommy was slapped in the face (and not on accident). So a four minute time out (mostly for Mommy) was in order.

Finally, Anthony returned to bed. And what he said next broke my heart and made me cry.

"I love you, Mommy. I'm sorry I hit you. I know I hurt you and I'm sorry."

He sure knows how to work me.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

He got sooo big!!!!! Beautiful! And so good of him to appologize!