Sunday, June 25, 2006

Fun at Nana and Grandpa's

We've spent the day at Nana and Grandpa's today. Nana bought a Slip n Slide for Anthony a few weeks back, and today was his first time playing on it. Of course, he had no clue what to do until Daddy showed him how to run, fall on his stomach and slide...and then he expected his Daddy to help him every time. Pictures? Why, of COURSE we got pictures!

First, though, is a picture of Anthony seconds after arriving at Nana and Grandpa's. He began to pull out all of the toys that he and Grandpa were required to play with, and then stacked them up, so that he could be sure to get them all in.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And then we got some snuggle time with Grandpa after nap.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

WHEEEEE!!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Takin' a water break.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Splash!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And then after a little break, and after the pool dried out, Anthony decided to be an explorer (Anny a Splorer, Mama!).
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Our best scary pirate face. "ARGH!"
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Every good "splorer" needs a boat, you know!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And when he tired of being a "splorer", Anthony decided to bop Nana on the head with his "sword".
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Phew. I'm tired!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

So, yes. School. Kicking my butt. I feel like I rarely come up for air (well, except for those lunch dates with my dad, mom and sister!). I go home every day at noon, and do work until I leave to pick Anthony up (around 4:30). Then I do more work after dinner, usually until Anthony goes to sleep. I have at least one test every week until the semester ends in early August. It's going to be this way until I finish with classes next May...I'm just trying to adjust!

Anthony's not been too interested in potty training, but we're not rushing it. He'll let us know when he's ready. We put him on the toilet ocassionally, but he usually fusses to get right off. We don't want to make this an unpleasant experience for him, so we're just taking our cues from him.

Mark, Anthony and I will leave for Omaha, NE on July 6th for UNMC's transplant clinic and reunion . We'll be there Thursday through Sunday. The really cool news is that we were contacted by the PR Department at UNMC. We will be a "featured family" (or something like that) while at the reunion. I think that Anthony is the youngest living donor liver recipient at UNMC (if not, he is one of the youngest, as he was transplanted at 3 months), and that's GREAT PR stuff for UNMC. We will probably be interviewed by a news station or two, and possibly a newspaper. I'm so proud that Mark and Anthony will be able to promote organ donation with their inspiring story. Of course, as shy as Mark is, I'll probably do the talking (anyone who knows me, knows THAT won't be a problem!).

Lots of love to everyone,
Laurie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutley adorable pictures of Anthony! He looked like he was having a ton of fun! And, he looks like he makes a good "splorer" too!
Let us know if you get any news reports that we can see! Great news!
Have fun!

Renee said...

Love the camouflage hat!
I was hoping for some pictures of Mark on the slip and slide! That would be some funny stuff. Y'all have a great trip to NE!

Stacy said...

No, you, talking? I can't believe it.

I love the pictures! So happy & what an imagination! Yay, Anthony.

Hope your arm is feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to seeing you when you are in town for the reunion. I'll have to email you and let you know what days I have off/find out what all you have planned (maybe I can find a way to get you free passes to the zoo or something...). See you soon!
Amanda