Monday, August 01, 2005

Lovely, Lovely Labs

Four things:
1. Labs are great. His liver is happy, happy, happy. We'll stay on monthly labs.

2. ENT said his ears are great. Tubes are still in place and doing their job. We'll see her again in February 2006 (unless something needs to be taken care of before then).

3. Anthony didn't get any immunizations today. He got his 12 month immunizations in April (when he was 17 months old) and he can't get his 18 month immunizations until 6 months after his last set. So we'll go back when he's close to 2 for a check-up and he'll get his 18 month immunizations then. The 2 year immunizations will be six months after that, and then he'll be caught up.

4. Anthony's speech isn't where it should be. The pediatrician feels like this could be a case of Anthony not being ready to talk yet, but wants us to get Anthony evaluated for speech therapy anyway. The good news here is Anthony can follow two-step instructions (Get your socks and bring them to Mama, please!) without a problem. His cognitive abilities are there, he's just not talking. So we'll have him evaluated and hope that there's nothing seriously wrong.

This weekend was a quiet one. We ate dinner (crabs again!) with Mark's family on Friday (see the pictures below of Anthony enjoying his pool). Saturday we did yardwork, cleaned the garage, and rotated my tires. After a nap (for me!), we attended church and then went to dinner with Mark's parents. We spent the day with my parents on Sunday and they watched Anthony in the evening while we went to Flemings Steakhouse for dinner. We have been trying to go out to eat there since Mark and Matt graduated in May, but each time we plan to go something else comes up (Anthony's sick, my parents can't watch him, etc). The dinner was SO GOOD. The special we each ordered (well, except Marshall who go Maco Shark!), came with a salad, side and dessert. Well, you can imagine what MY favorite part of the meal was! The key lime pie I had was just divine, but I would rather expound on the deliciousness that was Mark's dessert. He (and Mike) got the Chocolate Lava Cake. 'Nuff said, in my estimation. It came with the cake, chocolate sauce poured into the center of the cake, two scoops of Blue Bell vanilla ice cream plopped into a waffle cone-like dish. IT. WAS. SO. GOOD.

This week should be mildly uneventful. Anthony will go to day care Tuesday - Thursday. I'll drop him off at Mark's parents' house Friday morning, and they will leave for Destin for a weekend beach trip. Mark and I will follow after work Friday (we both get off around noon). Mark and I will return on Sunday, and Anthony will come back with his grandparents on Monday.

My sister, Emilie, comes home from her internship in Atlanta on Sunday! My parents are going to Atlanta on Friday to help her pack up her things and to bring her home.

Well, thanks for checking in on us! I'll put up some pictures of Destin when we get back!

Love, Laurie, Mark and Anthony

Coming up in Anthony-land:
First trip to the beach!


Stacy said...

Yay for a happy liver! Sorry I wasn't there to wait for results - but I was thinking of you guys. Talk to you soon!

Colleen said...

Congrats on Anthony for a happy liver, that is awesome news to hear. Your growing up so fast. Have fun with your grandmom and grandpop.

Andree said...

Wonderful news. You need a get-away vacation after all of that - go and enjoy and I will check in to view your snapshots when you get back - have a safe trip and love to all.

Sarah said...

Glad to see that all is well with Anthony! I am glad you and Mark got to go out, that's always nice to get out with the hubby!