Wednesday, June 01, 2005

We're on the Mend

Well, Anthony has now made two full days at Day Care. I told his teacher yesterday afternoon (when she asked how long Anthony had been in her class) that I wasn't counting the number of days he missed on my calendar...I'm counting the number of days he's there! Poor kid! Hopefully this week will be another "all weeker".

We've got a busy June coming up! This Friday, Mark and I will attend a couple friends' wedding rehearsal supper and then take Anthony with us to their wedding the next day. The following weekend, a friend of mine from grade school is getting married (on Saturday the 11th). The weekend of the 17th-19th, Mark and I will attend yet another wedding on the Friday. Saturday we'll take Anthony to "Family Day" at our old High School for Mark's 10-year reunion, and Mark and I will go to the coctail party that night. The next day is Father's Day, and it is also my parents' 34-year wedding anniversary. My grandmother's birthday falls right in there, too (on the 18th?), so we will go to Lafayette that Sunday for brunch. After that, we're done for a week or so.

July Fourth will be right around the corner after all of that hoopla, and we're going to Dallas to spend time with my mom's brother, his wife, their daughter and the two "big dogs". I'm really excited about going; I always love spending time with Uncle Paul and Aunt Stephanie, and we always have a nice relaxing time out there. It's been a family tradition to go to Dallas for the Fourth for a long time. I'm glad that we continue that even now that I've got more family to incorporate into my holiday planning.

Maybe August will be our "quiet" month. I start school at the end of August, but I don't think we have anything planned for the month yet. Maybe a wedding? Maybe some friends coming in to stay for a long weekend? Who knows!

Well, no picture today...SORRY, Stacy! But I'll put another one up soon. Anthony's sure to do something cute enough for me to blog this week.

Thanks for checking in on us!
Love, Laurie, Mark and Anthony

Coming up in Anthony-land:
Friday: Spending the night at Maw Maw and Paw Paw's so Mommy and Daddy can go to that rehearsal supper
Saturday: A wedding!!
Sunday: PEACE AND QUIET?!?!?

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Nothing makes us happy but a wedding. I hope you all have a good time and enjoy yourselfs.