Thursday, April 28, 2005

A Happier Day

Two wonderful things happened this week! First, my BIRTHDAY was Tuesday! I always love celebrating my birthday (who cares if I'm a year older? 27 is still a baby compared to some!), and I love getting cards and presents! Also, last year for my birthday, I was in Omaha with Anthony. Now, my older sister and mom were there to celebrate, but (sorry Kri and Mom) being home is a much better deal.

Also, today, Mark and I celebrate four years of marriage (again, to some, that's nothing)! In the past four years, we've been through some stuff! I'm proud to say that I still want to be married to him! :) It's been nice to share my life with Mark...he keeps me grounded, and I try to keep him in the clouds. I think it's a good mix.

Here's another REALLY cute pic of Anthony (as if there could not be a cute one)...he really loves his cookies.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

In Anthony news, his last day with our sitter is tomorrow. On Monday he will start day care. I'm excited about this, but I'm also nervous. Will he catch more viruses? Will the teachers remember to put sunscreen on him before taking him out to play? Will he eat as well as he does for the sitter? I'm sure he'll be fine...these are some of the things I went through when he started with the sitter back in August. He didn't suffer, he's fine...so I know he will be with the day care, too.

Anthony has labs on Monday. I think I might ask to try something new. He seems so frightened when he's laid on his back to have the lab draw done. I wonder if I hold him on my lap if that will help him some. I think he feels so vulnerable when I lay him on his back. We'll see...Cheri? Melissa? What do you guys think? You're my lab techs....my experts!!!

Thanks for checking in on us! Love, Laurie, Mark and Anthony

Coming up in Anthony-land:
Friday: Daddy has the afternoon off; it's Anthony's last day at Ms. Valerie's
Saturday: Nana and Grandpa leave for a week in Las Vegas!
Sunday: Dinner at Maw Maw and Paw Paw's?
Monday: Labs and Anthony's first day at day care
Tuesday and beyond: Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday and Anniversary!! Good luck to Anthony on his first day in daycare. Hugs and Kisses from Alyssa, Madison and Jen

Anonymous said...

Oh to be 27 again...What you and hubby have been through has made you wise beyond your years!
Celebrate and enjoy!